Well, the joy of being hospitalized continues, for how long, you may ask? Who the hell knows? Certainly not us.
We dont have any ground breaking news to report. I feel fine, baby's been fine, my liver enzymes continue to go up. The liver ultrasound I had yesterday wasn't conclusive of anything diagnostic. They were ruling out fatty liver of pregnancy, so thats another thing I dont have, which I guess is good. The question remains why my enzymes continue going up, not quite stablizing or going down significantly. The GI doc seems to think I have some virus of some kind causing this, but nothing has been found. He send out labs to an outside source to test for EBV and CMV but those results aren't back yet and might not be back for a few more days. Whether I'll be here to see the results I'm not sure.
From what I understand, I'm still stuck here to watch the enzymes, now only being drawn in the morning and late afternoon-early evening. Still monitoring baby 3 times a day but she has yet to do anything that would require more frequent monitoring.
One of my attendings still thinks this is some atypical preeclampsia, the other consulting specialist doesn't seem to think that it is, and is thinking that the enzymes will even out and I can just go home and go back to normalcy. While I like his thought process, I'm inclined to agree with the OBGYN and the midwives who all seem to agree. The GI doc has stepped out of the picture and the labs he ordered will get resulted to the appropriate attending.
So the wait continues, I'm getting pretty pissed off being stuck here being so limited. I'm trying to keep things together but I'm gonna yell at someone or throw something (whoops) at a wall or something before too long. Matt continues to take everything in stride, hell, he hasn't worked most of this week and has ran errands, lunched, visited with friends and has lounged around my room reading. He tried to tell me this morning that to he thinks of this as vacation and he's pretending he's at the beach. I told him this was the worst beach we've ever been to.
The staff here has been great, can't complain much about them. As long as they get in my veins on one try and give me my Ambien at night, I dont care too much.
I'm most thankful and appreciative for our PD family and our other friends and family who have spent lots of time just hanging out with us and running to go on errands for me. The visiting helps the time go so much faster. Hopefully Randi and Landon can swing by tomorrow whether here or at our house if I get discharged. I need a Crocker fix. Chase-man may or may not join us since he's still so little, I can totally understand some hesitance in bringing him to a hospital of all places. I am on the floor of NICU so they're very germ conscious. We'll see.
Hope all is well with everyone.
More later as we get news,
Matt, Rach, and Baby
No comments:
Post a Comment