Sunday, January 30, 2011

Too busy to blog!

Ok, ok, I'm a terrible blogger. Not only have I neglected the family blog, I've given up on my 365 blog. All I could think of or remember to do was Cadence pictures, and lets face it, that's not all that creative. Cuter than heck, but not creative.

The last two weeks at our house have been pleasantly busy as I've spent a majority of the time watching Chase and Landon Crocker. Wee went with me on day one and stayed with Matt, Grammy, or Auntie Cami for the remainder of the days as it was just easier to only have one baby to keep track of. As it turned out, leaving Cadence was a good thing as Chase began to teethe so he needed far more one on one attention and soothing than he normally does.

Landon continues to amaze me as he's turned into such a big boy! Part of our routine while I was playing Nanny Rachel (best title ever) was picking up Landon from school. I'd immediately hear of any discontent he had or that someone stepped on him, someone forgot something... you name it, he'd tell me. He's at the age now where he often times forgets good things, like what he had for snack and enjoyed, but if something negative happened, he wouldn't let it go. "Nanny Rachel, dad forgot to bring a can so I could make a penguin." "Nanny Rachel, that girl ran into me." or the one that made me chuckle yet got on my nerves "Nanny Rachel, I just wasn't into it." Where he picked that up, I have no clue. Landon's current obsessions include Legos, Bionicles, and Scooby Doo. As a belated Christmas present, I took the boys to Bellevue Square so Landon could choose some legos. What a negotiator he is!

Rachel : "Landon, you may choose 2 legos"
Landon: "Nanny Rachel, how about 3?"
Rachel: "How about 1?"
Landon: "Ok, 2."

Landon's attention to detail and ability to follow directions is amazing. He easily spent 5 or 6 hours building a lego scorpion. It was very complex and even I was having a hard time with some peices. Legos now are way harder than they used to be.

I thoroughly enjoyed me 5 days with the boys, I hope I can spend more time with them soon!

On the home front, we have some exciting job related news for Matt. Recently, he tested for the position of Training Officer for KPD and was selected! We're thrilled for the change of pace and responsibility for Matt. He's said multiple times that he's bored of patrol so I think learning new things will be a great break for him. His schedule will be normal for the first time in years! Instead of doing 2 7am-7pm day shifts back to back with 2 7pm-7am night shifts (4 days on 4 days off), he'll work 4 ten hours shifts from 0630-1630 (4:30pm). We're looking forward to spending evenings together as well as weekends and holidays. Matt's primary job duties will be keeping track of continuing education and training for the entire department and will be new hires' contact at the PD for orientation and squad/PTO assignments. Not only are the hours ideal, Matt gets to work with some of our closest friends and get a break from meaningless calls and the often poorly spoken dispatchers.

Miss Cadence continues to keep us busy and entertain us. She's growing like a week and has almost outgrown her 3month clothes. (She's very long). She's a very happy baby and has begun to laugh a little. She entertains us with her expressions, babbles, and attempts to move herself. She loves to stand on our laps with limited support. She has a new interest in her play mat with hanging toys. She's recently began to see an object and reach for it and put it to her mouth. She still adores her giraffe blanket and rarely sleeps or travels without it. Cadence has continued to be a great eatter albeit refluxy. She's extremely close to sleeping through the night too!












No comments:

Post a Comment