I started signing with Cadence recently, even though its not likely that she can replicate a sign until she's 6 months old. Its been really interesting to not only learn new signs myself but also watch how intently she watches me sign.
I've come across a really great resource website and youtube channel that I thought I'd share, especially since some of my faithful blog readers often take care of Cadence.
http://www.babysignlanguagedictionary-mysmarthands.com/giraffe_-_ASL_sign_for_giraffe.html
My Smart Hands is an awesome resource with clear directions about how to appropriately sign and how to recognize baby signing things that are more challenging.
I sign daily to Cadence, primarily signing "mommy" , "daddy" "grandma/grandpa", "giraffe", "milk", "bath", "diaper", "change", "tired", "sleep", "play" and "toys". I have yet to learn all of the signs in the My Smart Hands dictionary but I hope to learn as many as I can so I can teach Cadence.
No comments:
Post a Comment