I must be lucky. Our 2nd annual trip to visit Santa went extremely well. Contrary to last year, going just days before Christmas, and likely a weekend, I decided to go mid-day on a weekday. Defiantely a good idea. Parking at Bellevue Square was a nightmare, as I anticipated, but we did find a spot after only 10 minutes of searching.
I had been prepping Cadence to see Santa. We'd look at books and I'd point out Santa and tell her that Santa says "Ho! Ho! Ho!". I never got her to repeat it, but she knew what I was saying. Conceptually, though, she doesn't have a clue who Santa is or what he does. We didn't even wait in line 5 minutes for our pictures but I pointed him out every time I saw him and I'd get her to point at where he was. She seemed happy and interested in her new surroundings. She's on the verge of walking so she was cruising along the gates near Santa's sleigh. When it was our turn, she was a little confused, she had been waving at Santa and blowing kisses but upon me placing her on his lap, she was hesitant, albeit briefly. Thankfully, there was no wailing, screaming, back arching, high pitched screams.... She fussed for a second and then was more interested in the elmo the photo assistant had been playing with. I got lucky and she smiled not only for the official photo, but for a few that I took on my camera. I choose not to see the signs that said "no personal cameras". Santa even asked if I wanted to take more.... I guess he knew I was on the nice list. :)
Cade got to have her first lollipop today, too. In the past we got candy canes, but this year they gave candy cane tootsie pops which turn out to be awesome! I didn't think Cade would like it, but she happily sucked on it and said "mmmmmmmmm!" and was happily occupied with it for quite some time until she dropped it, shattered it, cried, and asked for more. (I grabbed a few extras). The lollipop created the worst sticky mess I've encountered as a mom, and certainly not the last.
| freshly showered, hair done and ready do go! |
| Santa! |
![]() |
| Time flies! |

No comments:
Post a Comment