Saturday, December 19, 2009

Leavenworth.....the Bavarian North Pole......

I've come to the realization that Santa doesn't come from the North Pole, he must come from Leavenworth.










Matt and I were lucky enough to head to our favorite B and B, Run of the River, in Leavenworth, WA. This was our 3rd annual trip, and one of our favorite yearly/holiday traditions. After all, this was the infamous place where Matt proposed last year, via old fashioned typewriter. (this wasn't him proposing, this was his "Husband Loves Wife Note")






Our trip over the pass went smoothly, we made it from our house to the B and B in roughly 2 hours with no issues along the way. Arriving in town, it was a far cry from last year where it was covered in snow and 8 degrees, yes 8. This year, roads were bare and wet with about 2 inches of snow covering lawns and sidewalks. We were a bit early for check in so we headed to lunch at one of our favorite spots, the soup cellar. (A must-eat at when in Leavenworth during the winter months, amazing soups, bread bowls, potato salads and sausage plates) *I decided that calories don't count in Leavenworth.* They all still count at home, even heading into holiday time, but when in Leavenworth, EAT! We enjoyed a leisurely lunch and eventually headed to the B and B where we were greeted with a warm welcome to "our suite", Enchantments.



In true Leavenworth fashion, we read by the fire and sipped cider and cocoa (as appetizers of course) before heading to Pavs for dinner. (I've come to the conclusion that people might not read our blog because they're curious about us, I think its because I use them as PSAs about where to go, where not to go....perhaps I'll start a blog of products we love next.....) .....Pavs! What Pavs lacks in size, they certainly make up for in friendly service and delectable food, crepes in particular. http://www.pavz.net/index.html. Matt typically gets the roast beef, but the portabella crepe is where its at! And who can have crepes for dinner and not have them for dessert! The fresh pear is amazing, I'm pretty sure its the calorie counter's nightmare, but who cares.



Day 2 was filled with a fantastic multi-course breakfast at the B and B, reading by the fire, shopping in town, feeding the birds, and snowshoeing. We went to Cafe Mozart for dinner and enjoyed both our dinners and for Matt, the liter of beer. :) (Their hazelnut butter salmon is amazing!). Our last night we played boggle and scrabble and Matt kicked my butt in both games. I still think he was making words up, though.



We're already looking forward to next year's trip and are eagerly awaiting the dates of availability.



Another trip, another year of great memories, and another great opportunity for photo taking! .....primarily of ourselves.



















No comments:

Post a Comment