Pardon the lack of blogging, but there's been a lot going on in our lives....
Matt and I continue to be happy and healthy, and apparently fertile. We were thrilled to find out that we are expecting! Baby is due November 6th. We had our first doctor's appointment today and all went well. Baby was moving all around during the ultrasound, which is weirder than weird since I can't feel anything. Baby looks good and has a strong, healthy heartbeat of 158 beats per minute. Labs were drawn today as well and we'll return to the doctor for 12, 16, and 20 week visits. We find out if we're having a boy or a girl on June 21st! Not only has baby been a new focus, my job focus has changed as well.
Recently, I left the hospital and although the decision itself was a no-brainer, its been a challenge to adjust to being away from my friends and comfortable work environment....Odd since the ER isn't really a comfortable place, but for me, it was a homey work place. I thrived in the chaos and unpredictability and loved the challenge of working with diverse people, both staff and patients. I miss many of my talented coworkers and awesome physicians, as well as seeing my fire and police friends on more of a regular basis. Thankfully, the people that I know the best have stayed in contact with me and we'll all make time to see eachother more. Given that baby is on the way, it seemed like a good choice to cut back on my work time and take advantage of days off, particularly with Matt.
The clinic (Pediatric Associates) has been a huge blessing for us. Since joining them after I left Evergreen, they've been extremely accomodating to my ever changing schedule. I've been able to pick up multiple shifts with them, working better, more "normal" hours, closer to home, with friendly and energic coworkers, and for better pay and far more appreciation than I felt at Overlake. They schedule month by month so some days I work, and others I laze around and either spend days with Matt or sleep all day! We're looking forward to a busy April for Matt and I working and spending quality time together. May comes our "Last Hurrah" in Costa Rica, reliving the days of our honeymoon. We'll be gone for 12 days visiting some of our favorite spots, Arenal and Manuel Antonio. We can't wait. I even got the "okay" from the doctor to go to the hotsprings! For limited periods of time of course, but I'm going!
Our summer is looking great as well. We're excited to celebrate the marriages of Pete and Kelsey in June and Alex and Jenna in July. Aside from my own wedding, Jenna's will be the first wedding I'll be in as a bridesmaid! I can't wait, although I'd rather not waddle down the aisle being 26 weeks pregnant, but such is life. I'm hoping to regain my energy one of these days and go back to being a gym rat, so I might be showing, but hopefully I'll be in shape and nicely toned!

No comments:
Post a Comment