So I'm a bad blogger, but I'm working on it.
Life has been busy and becoming more normal for Matt and I.
Recently I took a full time position at the clinic. I had been waiting for some time to see if anyone would either quit, leave, or get fired and I waited the perfect amount of time. One of the MA's decided to transfer to another clinic so I was lucky to get into her spot almost immediately. The shifts are 4 10 hour days Tuesday through Friday, weekends and holidays off unless I pick up shifts. Since the May schedule had been decided already, I'll start my own rotation in June. Most of May though, except for the week of our big trip, I'll be working 3-5 days each week. Its nice to have my own work space, which I haven't had at any clinic I've worked at. I was able to decorate a little with pictures and calendars so it was nice to personalize things. I really like the gals who work there. Most are my age and fun to work with and helpful too. They've always been nice when I've been working but I've been excited to see how welcoming they've been as I've transitioned into a full timer. I'll work as long as I can, likely taking off the entire month of November. After the baby comes, I hope to work 2-3 days a week and be at home the other days. Matt and I dont want anyone but us raising our child, so hopefully it'll all work out and there will still be shifts that need coverage sporatically.
Baby info.... we had our 12 week appointment with our fabulous midwife, Janice, and it went very well. I did have to do an early glucose screening because of my dad's health history and I was happy to pass. The glucose drink was gross, although oddly named "fruit punch". It tasted like fruit punch for a split second and then it was like swallowing sugar. Thankfully I got it down in the 5 minutes it requires you to drink it in and didn't throw it up. At our appointment, I got weighed and had a BP check, both were normal and I was happy to see that I hadn't gained any weight from my previous appointment. The main event of the day was hearing the baby's heartbeat via doppler. Baby sounded good at 150bpm. I've read old wive's tales about babies heartrates, and according to them, HRs above 140 indicate boy. I dont know how much I really believe them, but its fun to pretend. Hearing the heartbeat wasn't as much of a big deal to me as I've heard so many before from doing fetal heart tones in the ERs, but I think Matt got a kick out of it. He was making the "whoosh whoosh" sound for most of the day. The next day, I dont know if it had anything to do with drinking the glucose "juice", I threw up a lot in the morning. Normally my nausea would come and I'd feel awful for a long time and I'd fight the urge to hurl, but Wednesday it hit me like a bus. I got sick, took Zofran, made sure I was "done", and headed to work.
Our next appointment is a few days after coming home from Costa Rica and it sounds like we'll do the same things at that appointment as we did at the rest. The fun one will be in June when we finally find out what we're having. I'm anxious to see since I'm eyeing some police bedding on ebay that I'll fork out top dollar for if its a boy.
Costa Rica is just under 2 weeks away and we can't wait. We've been reminiscing about our favorite spots from last year that we'll visit again.
Not much else to report, we're enjoying time together and enjoying "normal" work hours for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment