Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Matty's Bday

We've now moved from Jaco to La Fortuna.

We really enjoyed our time at the very swanky Los Suenos Marriott. It had gorgeous grounds, nice beach, stunning pools, and more jungle creatures than necessary. (I dont like bats, particularly after last year's traumatic bat experience). It was a neat place to spend Matty's 37th birthday! Ole!

We enjoyed a lot of sun by the pool both days we were there, but Matt's birthday can easily be summed up in 2 words, spas and speedos..... We had a fantastic time getting a couple's massage in a rainforest room at Sibo spa. Matt busted out his speedo under his robe prior to the massage. It was pretty hysterical. I laughed out loud for a while, and I'm pretty sure our massage therapists thought we were loca. The massages were fabulous. I'm so lucky that I married a man who loves the spa as much as I do. Who needs a day at the mall when you could have a day at the spa!?

We found a great Italian restaurant, Lanterna, on the huge Los Suenos property and dined there twice, Matty's choice for his bday as well, claiming it was "the best birthday ever." Not bad, I say as I pat myself on the back for the massages and the dinner. (I'd have gone for cake over pecan pie for dessert, but it wasn't MY day, even though in reality, every day is mine.)

We had a shockingly easy car trip from Jaco to La Fortuna today. We were extremely lucky compared to the car rides from hell last year. Our trustee GPS system got us on track and correctly estimated our time of arrival. I'm certainly thankful my time of nausea and hurling is gone, as the car ride up and down extremely windy (and questionable) roads would have made the non pregnant person carsick. It was great to arrive at our final main destination, Arenal Nayara. This was our first stop on our honeymoon so its been fun to visit places in reverse this trip. Our hotel is up in the mountains and the grounds are spectacularly lush and stunning. Each room is more like a private cabana with an awesome deck with a jacuzzi tub, chairs, and this time, a hammock. We were greeted with rain today, as if to say "eh, you're from Seattle, you'll be fine." The rain continued for a good hour after we got settled, including some lightening and thunder that scared the bejesus out of me. Matt's still in our room reading on the deck, overlooking the jungle. It was tempting to stay with him and listen to the rain fall against the bamboo roof and trickle off it, but I was having internet and connecting withdrawals. Our last hotel had internet but it was so big, we never found the room with computers, then again, didn't look too hard. This hotel has 4 laptops in the lobby as well as magic jack phones for free, yes free calls to the US and Canada. Its neat to see similar things from last year, although the new additions have been neat too. New spa! New wine bar, damn! New birds, Pedro and Lupe are still here. Still have yet to see the bunnies, but I'm sure they're around.

We're having a blast and enjoying our last few days of adventures before heading home on Sunday. I'm ready to head home, at least more than Matt. Kinda ready to get back to reality and start attacking to-do lists around the house in prep for baby stuff, but what can I say, OCD's a pain in the ass.

Hasta Luego,
Matt y Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment